Skin@Bath Symposium 12th-13th December2019
I) Symposium Venue
The Symposium will be held at the Old Theatre Royal,12 Old Orchard Street, Bath BA1 1JU, United Kingdom). (http://oldtheatreroyal.com/venue/).
Registration/Information Desk during the Symposium:
- Thursday December 12th: 08:00-18:30; entrance Hall, Symposium venue.
- Friday December 13th: 08:30-18:00; entrance Hall, Symposium venue
II) Co-chairs & Co-organisers :
- Dr Charareh Pourzand: Department of Pharmacy & Pharmacology, University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath BA27AY, UK.
Phone (office): +44(1225)383 590; Mobile: +44 (7812) 984 167
Email: email@example.com or C.A.Pourzand@bath.ac.uk
- Dr Caoimhe M.R. Fahy: Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust, Combe Park, Bath BA1 3NG, UK
Phone (Office): +44(1225)428 331
- Bath Institute for Rheumatic Diseases, RNHRD, Upper Borough Walls, Bath BA11RL
- Early registration deadline: 20th October 2019
- Abstract submission deadline: 5th November 2019
- Special fee accommodation deadline: 1st November 2019
- Dinner Reception Booking deadline: 5th December 2019
For registration, please fill in the ‘Registration Form’ and send it by email to BIRD@birdbath.org.uk. You can also register during the symposium at the information desk.
Early registration deadline 20th October 2019 (A £10 increase in fees will occur after this date)
|Please select:|| Before|
Registration fee for participants include:
- Admission to the exhibition area and all scientific sessions
- Conference materials: (badge, stationary, certificate of attendance)
- Abstract Book
- Coffee breaks, lunch and afternoon refreshments
Registration fee for accompanying persons include:
- Admission to the exhibition area
- Coffee breaks, lunch and afternoon refreshments
Cancellation and Refunds:
Cancellations received before 12 noon on Friday 8 th November 2019 will receive a full refund. Cancellations received before 12 noon on Friday 27th November 2019 will receive a 50% refund for registration fees, unfortunately hotel cancellations cannot be refunded after 1/11/19. Cancellations received any later will not be eligible for a refund.
Note: A written notification of cancellation of registration is necessary for the refunds to be returned after the conference.
V) Dinner Reception (Social Event)
Dinner Reception booking deadline: 5th December 2019
There will be a dinner reception at the Symposium venue (the Old Theatre Royal) on the 12th December 2019 from 7:30pm -11:30pm.
The tickets are £25.00 per person and can be booked via the Registration Form and email to BIRD@birdbath.org.uk
VI) Abstract information:
Abstract submission deadline: 5th November 2019
– All abstracts must be submitted in an electronic format and should not exceed 350 words using Microsoft word Document Times New Roman size 11, Top and bottom margins 2.54cm; left and right margins 3.17cm; Gutter size:0cm, Gutter position: Left.
– Title of the abstract should be in Bold and capital letters followed by authors and affiliation and body text.
– The abstract should be informative giving the reader concise information in the form of background, methods, results, discussion/conclusion (subheadings are not required).
– Abstracts should be provided in English avoiding errors in spelling and grammar.
– The abstracts will be acknowledged upon receipt.
VII) Oral Presentations:
A preview computer will be available at the registration desk.
The presentations must be delivered to the technical staff prior to the presentation in a USB stick.
Those presenting in the morning of Thursday 12th December 2019 are kindly asked to submit their presentations on the day to the audio-visual section in the ‘Registration/ Information’ desk between 8:00-8:30 am.
Those presenting in the afternoon of Thursday 12th 2019 are kindly asked to submit their presentation to the audio-visual section in the ‘Registration/ Information’ desk during lunch break of the same day.
Those presenting in the morning of Friday 13th December 2019 are kindly asked to submit their presentation to the audio-visual section in the ‘Registration/ Information’ desk during the afternoon coffee break of the day before (i.e. 12th December).
Those presenting in the afternoon of Friday 13th December 2017 are kindly asked to submit their presentation to the audio-visual section in the ‘Registration/ Information’ desk during the lunch break of the same day.
VIII) Poster Presentations:
Poster’s maximum size are: 85 cm (W) x 115 cm (H)
The posters should be put on boards in level 1& 2 of the venue on Thursday 12th and Friday 13th December 2019 prior to the lunch break. The posters should be removed on Friday 13th December 2017 after the lunch break.
IX) Travel to Bath Spa
Option 1: Bristol Airport
Bristol is the closest airport to Bath Spa and an increasing number of budget airlines now have a base there as well as Aer lingus, BA, KLM, WOW and Continental (https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/).
You could reach Bath with frequent shuttle ‘AIR decker’ buses from Bristol Airport (https://www.airdecker.com/) to Bath within 1 hour. Otherwise you could take a Taxi to Bath (takes 45 minutes, to save time you could book it in advance via https://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/Bristol.php ).
Option 2: London Airports:
Heathrow Airport: Bath Spa is well connected to Heathrow airport. The fastest route is to get the frequent ‘Heathrow Express’ train to Paddington station (30 min journey) (booking in advance via https://www.heathrowexpress.com/) and then the main line train to Bath every hour (1hour 30 min journey) (booking in advance via via https://www.thetrainline.com/ or http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/planjourney/search).
Alternatively (and more conveniently sometimes) is to take a coach from Heathrow Airport central bus station (or any terminals) to Bath Spa bus station (journey 2hours 30 min) (booking in advance via http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx )
Gatwick Airport: It takes longer to get from Gatwick airport to Bath than Heathrow to Bath. Nevertheless there are direct trains (2 hours 40 min journey, booking via https://www.thetrainline.com/ or http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/planjourney/search).) or direct coaches (4 hours 10 min journey, booking via http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx)
Luton and Stansted Airports are less convenient but still feasible via bus/train (https://www.rome2rio.com/s/London-Luton-Airport-LTN/Bath ; https://www.rome2rio.com/s/London-Stansted-Airport-STN/Bath )
X) Car Parking
The Old Theatre Royal (Symposium Venue)
There is no dedicated parking on-site. The nearest large car park is in Southgate (100 metres walk) and live information on the number of currently available spaces at Southgate is available at http://www.bathcarparks.co.uk/ . Southgate has allocated disabled parking spaces on Level 1, from which street level is accessible by a lift. The lift exiting in Philip Street is the closest to us. There are also on-street disabled parking spaces in New Orchard Street, approximately 50 metres from the entrance.
Otherwise the map and price guide for all of the City Centre Car Parks are available at https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/info/parking_in_bath/2394/?arriving=201710041530&leaving=201710041730