Skin@Bath Symposium 14th-16th December 2022
I) Symposium Venue
The Symposium will be held at Guildhall, High Street, Bath, BA1 5AW
Registration/Information Desk during the Symposium:
- Wednesday, December 14th: 18:00-20:00; Victoria Art Gallery (Welcome Reception venue)
- Thursday, December 15th: 08:00-18:30; Entrance Hall, Guildhall (Symposium venue)
- Friday, December 16th: 08:30-18:00; Entrance Hall, Guildhall (Symposium venue)
II) Co-chairs & Co-organisers :
- Dr Charareh Pourzand: Department of Life Sciences, University of Bath, Claverton Down Bath BA27AY, UK
Mobile: +44 (7812) 984 167
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or C.A.Pourzand@bath.ac.uk
- Dr Caoimhe M.R. Fahy: Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust, Combe Park, Bath BA1 3NG, UK
Phone (Office): +44(1225)428 331
- Bath Institute for Rheumatic Diseases, Department D1, Wolfon Building, Royal United Hospital, Combe Park, Bath BA1 3NG, UK
- Early registration deadline: 1st October 2022
- Nick Hall memorial bursaries application deadline 5th November 2022
- Abstract submission deadline: 5th November 2022
- Special fee accommodation deadline: 11th November 2022
- Dinner Reception Booking deadline: 5th December 2022
- Welcome Drink Reception Booking deadline: 5th December 2022
For registration, please fill in the ‘Registration Form’ and send it by email to BIRD@birdbath.org.uk. You can also register during the symposium at the information desk.
Early registration deadline 1st October 2022 (A £10 increase in fees will occur after this date)
|Please select:|| Up to |
The registration fee for participants includes:
- Admission to the exhibition area and all scientific sessions
- Conference materials: (badge, stationary, certificate of attendance)
- Abstract Book
- Coffee breaks, lunch, and afternoon refreshments
The registration fee for accompanying persons includes:
- Admission to the exhibition area
- Coffee breaks, lunch, and afternoon refreshments
Cancellation and Refunds:
Cancellations received before 1st October 2022 will receive a full refund. Cancellations received before 1st November 2022 will receive a 50% refund for registration fees, unfortunately, hotel cancellations cannot be refunded after 11th November 2022. Cancellations received any later will not be eligible for a refund.
Note: A written notification of cancellation of registration is necessary for the refunds to be returned after the conference.
V) Social Events
1–Welcome Reception: 14th December 2022 (Victoria Art Gallery, BA2 4AT)
2–Dinner Reception: 15th December 2022 (Guildhall, High Street, Bath, BA1 5AW)
Welcome & Dinner Receptions booking deadlines: 5th December 2022
VI) Abstract information:
Abstract submission deadline: 5th November 2022
– All abstracts must be submitted in an electronic format and should not exceed 350 words using Microsoft word Document Times New Roman size 11, Top and bottom margins 2.54cm; left and right margins 3.17cm; Gutter size:0cm, Gutter position: Left.
– The title of the abstract should be in Bold and capital letters followed by authors and affiliation and body text.
– The abstract should be informative giving the reader concise information in the form of background, methods, results, and discussion/conclusion (subheadings are not required).
– Abstracts should be provided in English to avoid errors in spelling and grammar.
– The abstracts will be acknowledged upon receipt.
VII) Oral Presentations:
Please note that all in-person PowerPoint presentations should be emailed to email@example.com by Monday 5th December 2022. This is required to allow live streaming during the symposium.
Online presentations should be pre-recorded and sent as MP4 to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 5th December 2022 (using dropbox or similar applications).
VIII) Poster Presentations:
Poster’s maximum size are: 85 cm (W) x 115 cm (H)
The posters should be put on boards on levels 1& 2 of the venue on Thursday 15th and Friday 16th December 2022 prior to the lunch break. The posters should be removed on Friday 16th December 2022 after the lunch break.
Online posters should be sent as PowerPoint or PDF at the latest by Monday 5th December to email@example.com
IX) Travel to Bath Spa (Getting Here | Bath Venues)
Option 1: Bristol Airport
Bristol is the closest airport to Bath Spa and an increasing number of budget airlines now have a base there as well as Aer Lingus, BA, KLM, and Continental (https://www.bristolairport.co.uk/).
You could reach Bath with frequent shuttle ‘AIR decker’ buses from Bristol Airport (https://www.airdecker.com/) to Bath within 1 hour. Otherwise, you could take a Taxi to Bath (takes 45 minutes, to save time you could book it in advance via https://www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk/Bristol.php ).
Option 2: London Airports:
Heathrow Airport: Bath Spa is well connected to Heathrow airport. The fastest route is to get the frequent ‘Heathrow Express’ train to Paddington station (30 min journey) (booking in advance via https://www.heathrowexpress.com/) and then the mainline train to Bath every hour (1 hour 30 min journey) (booking in advance via https://www.thetrainline.com/ or http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/planjourney/search).
Alternatively (and more conveniently sometimes) is to take a coach from Heathrow Airport Central bus station (or any terminals) to Bath Spa bus station (journey 2 hours 30 min) (booking in advance via http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx )
Gatwick Airport: It takes longer to get from Gatwick Airport to Bath than from Heathrow to Bath. Nevertheless, there are direct trains (2 hours 40 min journey, booking via https://www.thetrainline.com/ or http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/planjourney/search).) or direct coaches (4 hours 10 min journey, booking via http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx)
Luton and Stansted Airports are less convenient but still feasible via bus/train (https://www.rome2rio.com/s/London-Luton-Airport-LTN/Bath ; https://www.rome2rio.com/s/London-Stansted-Airport-STN/Bath )
X) Car Parking
The map and price guide for all of the City Centre Car Parks are available at https://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/info/parking_in_bath/2394/?arriving=201710041530&leaving=201710041730